Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
The iPhone Will See You Now - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The iPhone Will See You Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The iPhone Will See You Now

It takes about ten months for a cell phone company to start making profit from a customer. When a customer runs away, it is called "Churn" ... the most dreadful word for a cell phone company. After spending many millions of dollars in research, all cell phone companies have come to the same conclusion that the best way to lower the churn is to provide bundles. The least loyal customers are the voice only customers and the most loyal are the bundled customers. Actually the bigger the bundle, the more loyal the customer. So it was no surprize that at&t Mobility (formerly Cingular) came up with this idea of a "Mega Bundle" in coordination with a very trustworthy name among the gadget lovers ... apple!

Judging from the news today from Sprint (sending "Dear John" letters to customers who are making too many calls to customer service), it looks like some cell phone companies are practicing self-inflicted churn.

Comment

yep, if you have more than the average number of issues, questions or comments via sprint, you face being dropped from their service. read that 1,000 folks who are in the TOP 1,000 people who have called the "help" line, have been booted and have until july 31 to find new providers. gee, i wonder if our help desk will ever be that way? -sarge
      Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Help desk has nothing to do with "Self Churn" i.e. kicking out customers who make too many calls to customer service. Actually it has to do with the high cost of call centres. You would not believe but call centre charges upto $7 per call. So if you are on a 39.99/month plan and have called customer service twice a month, you have already dried up all the profit they made from you. So if AT&T is ready to pay me enough money, I can sink their biggest rival Verizon by gathering an army of telephonic soldier buying cell phones from Verizon and giving calls after calls until Verizon gets bankrupt!

Comment

could become an economic terrorist (freedom fighter) by causing the profits of my "favourite" phone service to evaporate!!!! -sarge

Comment

** This thread discusses the Content article: The iPhone Will See You Now **

Comment

yep, if you have more than the average number of issues, questions or comments via sprint, you face being dropped from their service.
              Hmm... That gives me an idea. Rather than complaining, I think you should thank Sprint. Why? Say you're with Sprint. Say you bought a multi-year contract so you could get a cheap phone. Say you'd like to get out of that contract. It sounds as though Sprint is giving you a free (free to you, but at a very high customer service cost to them) way to get out of the contract. I'm not recommending that approach. I'm just saying.

Comment

Working...
              X