Collaboration: Building the Application Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaboration: Building the Application Team

** This thread discusses the article: Collaboration: Building the Application Team **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Collaboration: Building the Application Team **

** This thread discusses the article: Collaboration: Building the Application Team **
    from Ralph Daugherty [not sure if the first post bug still lurks] Joe, speaking of Notes on the one hand and Microsoft on the other, Ray Ozzie has gone to MS as CTO, taking his Groove collaboration platform with him. I expect MS to blow mere web page collaboration software out of the water with Groove. Another interesting take on large issues from you. Helpful insight. Ralph

Comment

It looks like one of the first page bugs might be quashed: your name appears. However, your post did not appear in the "Recent Messages", which is why I missed it. Every once in a while, though, I check back in on my articles to see if there was activity, and I'm glad I did. I had missed the whole Groove story, and it seems like this could be an important piece. It's especially true because it's hard to get anything other than market-speak out of the Lotus folks. If you go to any 10 iSeries shops, I'd have to believe that nine of them don't know what IBM's strategy is regarding Notes/Domino and Workplace. And since the OS/400 is the pre-eminent platform for running Domino (my brother Harry, the other Pluta Brother, worked with a huge Notes installation at a Chicago insurance company, and he loved the AS/400), you'd think that this is perhaps a bad thing. Well, my article got "blogged" by a Lotus executive at IBM, whose primary comment was that I didn't know what I was talking about, and that the message was out there. When I talked to him on the phone, he was adamant that his analysts and industry experts have assured him that the message is out, and if I didn't understand it, that was my fault. (Needless to say, the phone call did not go well.) And that's a scary thing. When your sales executives start saying it's the prospect's fault for not understanding the message, then you have a SERIOUS marketing problem. Interestingly enough, the next day someone from Lincoln, NE posted a message on his blog that exactly matched (nearly point for point) what I told him. His response? He's not sure what's wrong with Lincoln, NE, because he knows for a fact his message is out there. Yeah, I worry about Lotus. The product line is phenomenal, but the sales folks need some serious attitude adjustment. Joe

Comment

Working...
      X