Quest for connectivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest for connectivity

Task at hand : connect to an AS400 DB2 database using DECS on our new domino server. Found a wonderful redbook with step by step instructions. Seem to be running into an SQ30080 connection error with a brief message about passwords when I go to step TWO(2) for the table connection. it says browsing server please wait and then after 1 1/2 minutes produces the SQ30080 error. read all the documentation I found find on the error and found one with a list of possible problems. I don't see where any of them could be the problem. 1. The user ID does in fact exist on the AS400 remote system and the password is correct. 2. the characters and case are not a problem as everyone who has tried in the office has this error. 3. I even did a server authorization list on the remote system as a last resort and I also made sure the QRETSVRSEC system value was set to '1' but it still produced the error. the only issue listed that I'm not sure of is the encryption error. It says the remote system may require the password be encrypted. how can I tell if this is the problem? were running V4R5 on the remote AS400 and I did notice that the password field on the DECS connection form does say that my password is NOT encrypted. any information would be a plus at this point.
Working...
X