Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
Changing CPI to 6400 printer - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing CPI to 6400 printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing CPI to 6400 printer

Keith, I would change the CPI from 13.3 to 15. That should work. To my knowledge, the system will not just automatically resize characters unless you have your printer file set up that way. The second thing you should check is to see what device the printer is emulating. If it is emulating a device that does not support 13.3 CPI, then that could also be a reason why you get the message. Let me know how it goes. Thanks, Doug.

Okay, I've looked around and I don't see anything about this. That's probably because there's a simple answer I've simply missed. We're trying to print a report that's wider than 132 columns to an IBM 6400 printer. So I've created the printer file with a width of 196 columns and 13.3 CPI. When I run the RPG program and send the spool file to the printer's outq, I get a message saying that the CPI is invalid for the device. If I recompile with 196 columns and 10 CPI, figuring that the system will automatically resize the characters, I get a message saying that the page size is invalid when I send the spool file to the printer's outq. Now, if we create a report using SQL that's larger than 132 columns, the printer resizes the font and prints the smaller characters with ease. So, what simple obvious thing am I missing that it's not working for the RPG program? Keith Engle

Comment

In the words of the great philosopher Homer: D'oh! Thanks. See, told you it was something simple and obvious.

Comment

We converted from a IBM 6400 using Twinax to IBM 6400-010 (and also a 6400-050) using Lan connection.
        Our problem was when trying to print anything other than 10 CPI, it wound not stop condensing the print. (and *NLQ would not work)
        So 15 CPI came out 17 CPI, 12 CPI came out 13 (ect..).
        Our solution we came up with (after a week of usless research) was to make a custom emulation on the 6400 panel
        to be Epson emulation (not Proprinter), and *Disable the "20 CPI Condensed" setting".
        Also on the AS/400 printer configuration, make the "MFRTYPMDL" option say "*IBM6408EP" .
        We can now print using any CPI and also print *NLQ .
        Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X