Barcode printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcode printing

Is "Host print transform" set to *YES for the printer device description? Our HP 5's are defined as type 3812 with TRANSFORM(*YES) and they print barcodes just fine. Chris

Barcode printing

Pat, I had to create a dev description with an WSCST object. This allowed me to use any hp laserjet printer. I use HP5si and hp8100 in our shop.

Comment

Barcode printing

Yes - Chris. The host print transform is set to *YES and it is defined as a type 3812. Pat

Comment

Barcode printing

Did you get an answer about waht was causing the fields to overlap on your printout? I am running into the same problem using barcodes on a report.

Comment

Barcode printing

I am trying to print a CODE3OF9 barcode on an HP laserjet 4100DTN printer. This printer is not configured as *IPDS. The printer file is defined as AFPDS. The problem is the human readable portion of the barcode does not print properly - it overlays a portion of the bottom of the barcode and prints what looks like another barcode. I am also having problems with fields overlaying each other when I print the barcode. This happens even if I don't attempt to print the human readable number. Any suggestions or must I get a chip to turn the printer into an IPDS device? I would like to print these barcodes on any HP printer we have so I was hoping to avoid this. Thanks for any help. Pat

Comment

Barcode printing

Is anyone aware of any issues with V5R3 and the human readable (*HRI) for barcodes either not printing at all or printing garbage below the bar code? We recently consolidated 400's which was a V5r2 to a V5r3. On the old AS400, the human readable printed without problems. Now they don't. I checked all the WSCST and Host Transform settings (DSPDEVD) and they are identical. The DDS is set to CODE128 with *HRI. Does the WSCST need to be reconfigured for the new operating system? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X