what is a resource path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a resource path?

I'm trying the IBM AFP Viewer over a stream file that I created from the CRTAFPDTA command. Howeveer I'm getting the following strange error message box:
     1303: The resource 'LOGOGAT2' was not found, either in this file or in the resource path. Copy the missing resource into your resource path and reopen the file.
    By the way 'LOGOGAT2' is a page segment in my spooled file, and the 'LOGOGAT2' page segment prints just fine with the spooled file on paper. But resource path? What in the world is a resource path?

what is a resource path?

I found this in KB document 9725541, Using the IBM AFP Viewer to Display OS/400 Spooled Files That Contain Overlays and Page Segments. It stops at V4R2, but in step 3c, you'd probably use file CWBPRT32.INI instead of the INI it mentions. The doc contains much more info, like how to move the resources to your PC. Specifying the Location of AFP Resources in the AFP Viewer 2a. For the AFP resources to reside on OS/400, you must copy them there before continuing. If you copy the AFP resources to the AFPRES folder, you must configure a shared folder or network drive to OS/400 and reference the folder through the Integrated File System. In this case, the path to the shared folder or network driver would be I:QDLSAFPRES. 3c. For Client Access/400 for Windows 95/NT, edit the CWBSPORT.INI file in the C:Program FilesIBMClient AccessAFPViewr folder. Find the [Preferences] section, and look for the line that says ResourceDataPath= and add the folder that you are using to store the resources. By default this is set to: ResourceDataPath=RESOURCE This refers to the C:Program FilesIBMClient AccessAFPViewrResource folder.

Comment

Working...
    X