Printing tiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing tiff

What is the unit of measure of your print file.

Printing tiff
    [*]CM with a page size of (9 16.5 *UOM)

Comment

Printing tiff

That appears to be appropriate. What are the CM dimensions of the TIFF? Dave

Comment

Printing tiff

2.502 x 1.086 cm. That is width x height in centimeters.

Comment

Printing tiff

I'm at a loss on this one. You could try changing any borders, overflows, etc. Dave

Comment

Printing tiff

Yes, me to. I think the issue is that the printer file is rotated but that isn't taken into consideration by the AFPRSC or OVERFLOW keyword on where the edge of the page is. In a way it makes sense because it thinks it is printing it off the page so it doesn't allow it to print. On the other hand why doesn't it know the printer file is rotated so the height/width has changed orientation. I was hoping I was overlooking some simple detail. Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Printing tiff

Hello, I need help with printing a tiff image of our indicia on a post card. The indicia as you probably know is the little box on a letter that says postage has been paid. The postcards we print used to be preprinted but we are trying to print everything ourselves. The problem is that I can’t get the tiff image of the indicia to print in the proper place. The postcard measures 9 x 16.5 cm and we have to rotate it 90 degrees to get it to print properly. The tiff image needs to print at position (1.1 12.5). The tiff image is not affected by the rotation of the printer file so I have to switch the down and across positions. When I move the image beyond 9.5 down(across) it disappears. It is as though it thinks it is off the paper and won’t print. I have tried printing the tiff using the AFPRSC and OVERLAY DDS keywords with the same results. I can get it to print at 9.4 down(across), but if I move it any further it disappears. Any help will be welcomed.

Comment

Printing tiff

I spoke with IBM support and was told the AFPRSC keyword was intended to be used only with PDF conversion. So if you convert the spooled file to PDF format it works. If you send the spooled file to a physical file it probably won't work. As you have probably guessed, I was converting it to PDF to check out the layout before actually sending the spooled file to a physical printer. When I did send it to a printer the tiff image doesn't print no matter where it shows up in the PDF. So I am switching to an overlay which doesn't give me the flexibility I thought I would get with AFPRSC. IBM support did say they would help me look at it to see if it would work, but since this is time sensitive(aren't they all) I will have to put that off.

Comment

Working...
                X