Printer Problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Problem !

Been a while but I think your writer must be defined as IPDS/AFP. If not, I think(again, been a while) that you get this message. Everything I do now is ported to adobe and printed from there. very handy!

Printer Problem !

What is the the of printer you are printing to? What is the CPI, LPI of the printer file? Have you specified page rotation to zero or is it auto? Does your printer support landscape printing? Are you using PCL code in your program/printer file? There are a lot of reasons that the error you got can come up. I would start with the ones I've asked and go from there. Also, check your writer definition and make sure you have the correct manufacturer and other settings (especially if it is an IPDS printer)

Comment

Printer Problem !

Hi Glen, CPI is 10, LPI is 6 Page rotation is Auto Printer supports landscape printing What is PCL code, I have no idea about that? Also how to find whether printer is IPDS printer

Comment

Printer Problem !

Dear all, I have a problem with printing data from spool file (Report). My spool file has 192 characters width but when I try to print I get following as error message Message ID . . . . . . : CPA3388 Severity . . . . . . . : 99 Message type . . . . . : Inquiry Date sent . . . . . . : 26/09/03 Time sent . . . . . . : 12:01:01 Message . . . . : Attributes of file R5510303 not supported for device RAM. (C G T H I) Cause . . . . . : Writer RAM found attributes of file R5510303 number 1 job 609797/RSRININVAS/J551030001 created on system S102KXAM on 26/09/03 11:13:2 on output queue RAM in library QUSRSYS that are not supported for device RAM. The error code, or codes, are 1. The error codes and their meaning are as follows: 1 - Page size of file not supported on device. 2 - Device type of file not supported on device. 3 - Lines per inch (LPI) of file not supported on device. 4 - Special device requirements of file not supported on device. Please help me in this regard Rajesh.

Comment

Printer Problem !

Your CPI setting is too low for the print job. At 10 cpi and a spooler set for 192 characters, you need a paper 19.2 inches wide. Soln 1) if the printer will support legal size paper (8.5x14" size), reset the cpi to 15 or 17 and the job should print landscape on the legal paper. At 15/17 cpi, your user's are going to squint a little in reading this. Soln 2) use a Ledger size printer (11x17" paper size)and set the cpi to 12. The job will print landscape but will be readable. Soln 3) reset your spooler size to 80 characters and the job will print on standard letter size paper but if you have alot of columns you're trying to print, they are going to be spread out on several pgs

Comment

Working...
          X