Setting up printer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up printer...

I have been able to fix this isssue. Unfortunatelly, the AS400 doen't support a lot of USB devices and to be honest with you I'm kind of surprise that it even supports some USB devices. According to IBM the D-Link USB print server is not supported but I was able to configure the okidata printer with the D-link print server as a remote out queue. THe setup that we have for this printer is the following: Printer = Okidata Impact Printer ML420 Print server = D-Link USB DP-301U On the print server side I got the USB Port Name. It was configure as PS-Okidata-U1. I enter this information on the AS400 for Remote Printer Queue. So, on the AS400 it shows as Remote printer queue...... 'PS-Okidata-U1' and it works great! I also had another problem with the forms. I was not getting the message to change the forms. This is how I was able to solved the problem with the forms. The IBM software technical document number is 19145254. All I had to do was to start the writer with FORMTYPE(*ALL *INQMSG) and that did it! I did the same steps for the HP laser printer and everything seems to be working great at the moment! I hope this information helps some people out there.

Setting up printer...

One thing I forgot to mention is that we used a different LPR Queue Name for the HP 4000 Laser Printer. In our case we used PS-Laserjet-P1.

Comment

Setting up printer...

We got a couple of new printers an Okidata ML420 Impact pritner and an HPLJ 4200. They are connected to the system using a USB printe server. I have try to set them up using port 9100, 9101 and 9102 but have not been able to make them work. Have any of you been able to setup printers this way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Setting up printer...

I have another problem with the Okidata Printer. Every morning when the user tries to print the printer doesn't print. It just sits and nothing gets printed. The user has to either reset the D-Link USB print server or the printer. I have tried many different configuration settings on this printer but I can not get this problem fix. I'm blaming the D-Link print server. So, I was wondering if any of you can recommend a different print server that is going to be compatible with the AS400 and the windows system? Any help/info would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X