Printer Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Configuration

Try looking at the job log of the printer for more help on the problem. WRKJOB and then put the name of the writer in the field. I went round and round with IBM on the same type of issue and it turned out to be a bandwidth problem. I figured that out by doing a TRACEROUTE to the printer and the it was timing out big time on some of the hops. I am usually very satisfied with IBM's service; however, the print services department kinda let me down on the last call I made to them. Look on the IBM tech site and see if you find any of your errors in the knowledgebase documents. Scott

Printer Configuration

I've had similar problems. Change the SYSDRVPGM different values. That might work. Also make sure the manufacturer is correct. You might want to change the port number to 0. I have several printers set up as *LAN and the port number is 0 for all of them (internal and external cards)

Comment

Printer Configuration

Hi there, i'm setting a IBM 4226 printer connected to external HP jet direct. I've successfully configured and made some printing using the remote output queue (CRTOUTQ). now i want to configure a printer as a device then i used a CRTDEVPRT DEVCLS(*LAN) type(3812) port(9100) SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV). the printer can be started (STRPRTWTR) but cannot print the spooled under that writer. The printer will just end. the printer is located remotely and it will pass through firewall and routers. hope you can help me the possible cause of the problem. Is it possible that the 9100 port is block on our router? thanks.

Comment

Printer Configuration

This printer don't support PJL, so with a HP Jetdirect You have to use the Remote Outq.

Comment

Working...
        X