*WSCST Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *WSCST Objects

For our Zebra's we use *VRT outq's. The parameters that I think make a difference are: CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*IBM6408EP) DESTOPT('XAUTOQ XAIX') We don't have the same model you have, but we have various of the older models. All of them are connected with parallel HP JetDirects.

*WSCST Objects

Daniel; Thanks for your feedback. If you don't mind there are a few questions I would like to ask. I applied your suggestion and even though I did not receive the expected results, at least is printing (non-legible values) always in the first line of the label. 1.- Could you explain what your DESTOPT('XAUTOQ XAIX') does? 2.- Are you sending the instructions to the Zebra from an RPG program? 3.- If so, are you using External Printer File? 4.- If so, Do you do anything special when compiling the printer file? 5.- When you use MFRTYPMDL(*IBM6408EP), What WSCST object did you use? I do appreciate your support, in the event you have the answers for these questions. Thanks Carlos

Comment

*WSCST Objects

1.DESTOPT('XAUTOQ XAIX') - this was a fix suggested in documentation from IBM to fix the copies/pagerange problems. 2. Yes, from RPG 3. Internal. There could be some teams using external print files, but I'm not sure. 4. N/A 5. No WSCST is specified. Note: When I was setting up the Zebras, I was a systems developer, not an applications developer, so another person was doing the coding to make it work. My function was to get the AS/400 part of the configuration working. The apps teams got the code where it would work and it was also their job to worry about the configuration on the printers themselves. This is all to say that I can't answer 3 as well as you'd like, or explain exactly how they sent the data to the Zebras. I HAVE seen some of the spool files, though, and they send the escape codes in plain text. Obviously, since it's internal print files, they are not using the barcode keywords in DDS. However, if you still have problems, post again and I'll get some code examples of how it's done here. Sorry, but it's all RPG III.

Comment

*WSCST Objects

Thanks Daniel; I don'y mind at all if you can post some sample, specially if external printer file is used. I am also sending my data from RPG, so I am familiar with it. Again, thanks for your help and sharing. Carlos

Comment

*WSCST Objects

We have a workstation customizing object set up on two of our Lexmark printers and it is causing the top 3 lines of the report to be truncated on side two (the backside) of the document. It seems to only happen on reports that are overridden to 198 character width. The object used is LEXMARK612. Does anyone have a solution to this? What lines of code on the WSCST object do I need to manipulate to correct this? We are operating on an Iseries 820. Below is the part of the code that I assume controls duplexing. Thanks
          Code

Comment

*WSCST Objects

I am using a Zebra QL320 to print labels, and it appears that any of the customized objects of the type *WSCST send three commands ( INITPRT, Carriage Return and Line feed), that according with Zebra Tech support, interfere with the 1st command Zebra Language should read (!). Does anyone there using these printers, had experienced this problem? If so, how you have addressed it? I have used the default WSCST, and also retrieved the source, removing the INITPR. By using the 2nd option I have been able to print the label, with alignments problems for the first label, all the time. If somebody has dealt with this, could you give me your feedback> Thanks Carlos

Comment

Working...
            X