Epson DFX5000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson DFX5000

There are several mentions of Axis print servers and LAN adapters in the IBM Software Knowledge Base at http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/slkbase Try searching on AXIS, or these document numbers: 27285056, 19934440, 8233537, 12454128, 24475739, 314196994 Additionally, the Registered Knowledge Base's Incident Summaries has several hits on AXIS, including this: Problem Summary: Trying to start a printer writer for a dot matrix printer attached to an Axis 5600 print server results in message CPA3387, Device &4 not available. This had been working before. Resolution: Some Axis print servers support TN5250E, which uses a *VRT device description and the Start Print Writer (STRPRTWTR) command to print. Print servers that support TN5250E operate similarly to PC5250 printer sessions. Other Axis print servers, including the Axis 5600, do not support TN5250E and therefore have to use remote output queues (RMTOUTQs) and the Start Remote Writer (STRRMTWTR) command. Since this had been working before, they must have configured a remote output queue (RMTOUTQ) and a dummy device description for this printer. Answering message CPA3387 with a C will cancel the writer. Once that is done, the printer device description (which is really just a dummy device description) should be varied off, then the writer can be started using the Start Remote Writer (STRRMTWTR) command. Registered KB is at http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/slkregdocs

Epson DFX5000

Ken, something about that doesn't make sense to me (I realize you copied this from the database, so it's not YOU If it said *LAN instead of *VRT in the 1st paragraph of the "Resolution" above, it'd all fit with what I think I know. (And it could also say *VRT in addition/replacement of RMTOUTQ) I thought:[*]VRT - STRRMTWTR - no DEVD needed - (RMTOUTQ)[*]LAN - STRPRTWTR - uses the DEVD Could it be a mis-print in IBM's doc? (Please say it ain't so!!!) Or am I missing something... -dan

Comment

Epson DFX5000

I need to setup an Epson DFX5000 on an AS400 with an AXIS 5400 print server. It will be printing on a form. Anyone know about configuration for the AS400 and print server for this combo? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comment

Epson DFX5000

You can setup the Axis printserver to this matrixpritner using LPR/LPD, in the outque description remember to set the RMTPRTQ to PR1, PR2,... or PR8 one of the logicalprinters in the Axis printserver.

Comment

Working...
        X