Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What NEW HP Laserjet printers does anyone recommend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What NEW HP Laserjet printers does anyone recommend.

Fred, We have HP Laserjet 5SI printers where I work. They are workhorses, and look like they have been through the war! THey are pretty unstoppable, and reliable. We have been using them for at least 3 years now. We don't have the warm up problem. Make sure the printer is not in any powersaver mode. If it is, disable it, because the printer will have to wearm up to a specific temperature before it prints. If it is idle alot, then powersaver turns off the heaters I think. Hope this helps, Doug.

Hi Doug, Thanks for the info. I have a HP 4, and it also is a work horse. I guess I will have to have them check the settings on the printer, although I will have to try and find the manual online, as they have lost the manual (who would ever guess a user would lose a manual or CDs). Thanks, Fred

Comment

Fred, Try this: Press the MENUS button until CONFIGURATION MENU appears. Then press the ITEMS button until POWER SAVE DELAY appears. Then press the + button to switch the power save timer options. I don't know if this keeps the options through a power failure, or power down, but at least it may be a step in the right direction. Hope this is also helpful! Doug.

Comment

Hello, I have a customer that currently has a HP Laserjet 5. They have it connected to their AS/400 with a BosaNova Plus card and software. They are wanting to purchase a new Laserjet printer to replace it (because the HP 5 printer is slow and becoming outdated, their words not mine). I called BosaNova support and asked this question and they said HP 6, but you cannot purchase HP 6's anymore. So, could anyone recommend a new HP model printer that they feel would be a good replacement? The current printer seems like it has to "warm up" everytime that you print to it, thus making it seem like forever before you get your printouts. Thanks In Advance, Fred

Comment

Hi Doug, Thanks for those instructions. I tried going to HP's website to see if I could look at the manual online, but I couldn't find it there. I looked in my HP 4 manual, but the HP 4 must not have "powersave mode". I'll have them give it a try. Thanks, Fred

Comment

Working...
          X