Printing from AS400 to HP 5si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing from AS400 to HP 5si

I'm creating a report on the AS400, copying it to a PF and using FTP to send it via email to individual users. In testing, I find that when the emailed report is printed it looses the page breaks. All pages are printed from top to bottom. On the AS400 a new page is created via a SKIPb keyword in the prtf. The report is set up to break to a new page whenever the order number changes. How can I get the report to skip to a new page on the HP 5si when the order number changes?

Printing from AS400 to HP 5si

I think I've done this in the past, but cannot remember. Define a one position field on the page header format (the SKIPB record). In your RPG program, make initialize that field to ASCII character 12. I don't know what EBCDIC value it is, however. Then, when this field gets interpreted by the ASCII printer, it will do a formfeed. ASCII character 12 is the formfeed character. I don't know what will appear in this field if it is printed on a 5250 style printer; you may get unprintable character checks. If that happens, there is a H spec option that you can specify that will bypass those errors. Hope this helps. Doug.

Comment

Working...
    X