Image to AFPDS Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image to AFPDS Overlay

You will want to download IBM's AFP print drivers. You install an AFP driver on your your PC, then 'print' to it to create a file that can be uploaded to the iSeries and converted into an overlay. You can download the appropriate driver installer here: AFP drivers The actual process involves several steps. If you need further help, you can email me directyly and I can send you detailed instructions along with a little conversion / upload utility Chip Milosch cmilosch@ameritech.net

Image to AFPDS Overlay

I recently had a requirement to create a color overlay. After several aborted attempts, it was back to gray scale. If anyone had had success producing a color overlay, I would appreciate the steps necessary to get the job done. Dave

Comment

Image to AFPDS Overlay

Dave: did you ever get this issue resolved? I think I sent you a direct email, but am not sure. If you still need assistance, please post a follow-up here. chip milosch, griffin computing

Comment

Image to AFPDS Overlay

Chip, I would like to know how to get a color overlay and not just Gray scale.

Comment

Image to AFPDS Overlay

No email or direct message was received. Is the explanation too large to post here? Dave

Comment

Image to AFPDS Overlay

I have an image file (BMP,GIF,etc.) on my PC and want to place the image object on the AS/400 in the correct format (?) so that I can use it to create an AFP Overlay object. What must I do to create the image object on the AS/400. I'm running Windows XP, but do not see where to download the AFP Print Driver to create an appropriate print file object from the image. Is the AFP Print Driver the only approach to getting the object into the appropriate format (the Image Data Stream)?

Comment

Image to AFPDS Overlay

The explanations, in/outs, caveats, etc. on color do get rather lengthy. If interested parties (Dave, Stuart) want to email me directly I can try to provide you with more info. Chip Milosch Griffin Computing

Comment

Working...
              X