Remote Otuput Queues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Otuput Queues

Hi, We have a lot of dot matrix printers dotted (sorry) about our company. We use reomtoe output queues with great success.Recently 1 printer has started to print 2 copies of certain runs - ie credit notes or invoices, it doesnt do this everyday or even the same print. I have checked for user error ( releasing them twice) but thru object auditing I can see no one has released twice. I also notice that when a 3 page run is released it stays in SEND even when printed. I am finding this very confusing. any ideas? The printer is an NEC pinwrite

Remote Otuput Queues

How is it connected? JetDirect? What is the connection type? We had a very similar situation with HP JetDirects when going through DSL connections. (Involved a coupla different printer types, all non-laser) They worked fine through frame relay, but in DSL it occasionally scrambled the order of the incomming packets, causing intermittant problems, the most common was the 400 thought it had died and so it re-printed the report. Solution was an upgrade of the HP firmware.

Comment

Working...
    X