How to configure ASCII IBM 4226 Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure ASCII IBM 4226 Printer

Hello Everyone, Here is my sad story. One of our disk drives stopped working so we had to have a new one installed and then restore from our backup. When we restored, it did not restore all of our device descriptions properly and/or the same as they were prior to the disk drive problem. We have some ASCII devices connected to ASCII controllers. One of these devices is an IBM 4226 printer. We cannot get it to work. Auto config created PRT09 for it. Its values are as follows: device class *lcl device type 4202 device model 3 emulated twinax device 5224 port number 2 auxiliary printer *no emulating ASCII device *yes physical attachment *direct online at IPL *yes attached controller CTL01 (this controller is a 2637) language type USB print quality *std separator program *none line speed 19200 word length 8 type of parity *none stop bits 1 host print transform *yes mfg type and model *IBM4226 paper source 1 *cont132 ASCII code page 899 support *no image configuration *none I believe that I have listed all of the appropriate parameters. I am not familar with connecting ASCII devices to an AS/400. I have always dealt with twinax devices. Anyhow, this printer (PRT09) simply always says "vary on pending" for status. We have verified that the printer is turned on, online and plugged into port 2 on the ASCII controller. There is a display/terminal connected to this controller and it is working. So, it seems that the controller is working. Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of these ASCII devices. Thanks In Advance, Fred
Working...
X