Printing PDF (MSDS sheets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing PDF (MSDS sheets)

We have a great project- a client would like us to add into the print stream the appropriate MSDS sheets for the items being packaged. All of the forms are in PDF format and, as far as we can tell so far, we need special printers that can handle a 'direct' print of PDF. I thought we just add it to the print stream, but that's not the case. Of course, we are trying to do this with what can be found in V5R2 and hopefully not have to purchase something to enable this. I can probably do it as an image merge, but this is over 100 MSDS sheets. Any ideas, comments or opinions are welcomed! Cletus

Printing PDF (MSDS sheets)

Cletus: I recently helped a client implement a very similar solution to what you are describing, but not without the use of additional software. I have not found any way of converting PDF docs to AFP without some kind of intervening software solution. Our solution used IBM's Infoprint Server (which the client already owned) as well as a second piece of software that providing easy iSeries to PC communications. Basically, we created everything as PDF documents, stored in the IFS, then used the secondary software to drive a PC that printed the docs. If you can't find another solution, I could provide you with more details. Chip Milosch, Griffin Computing

Comment

Working...
    X