Printing Bar Codes on Report using Printket Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Bar Codes on Report using Printket Printer

Your code didn't show up, maybe try posting it again? Also, how is it connected? And how is it configured? If we are talking TCP/IP, there are some people in this forum that have had luck hooking them up with TN5250. (No one specifically mentioned barcoding, though.) Myself, I had to write a *WSCST to get the drawer selection to work and to get barcoding to work. -dan

The printer is connected via twinax and configured as a 4214. The Output Specs are..... O E #Head2B O '¬ONN' O '¬HEX1B1B33@' O '¬OFF' O '^H10^T0100^BNb' O HOUSE O '^G^T0300^BNb' O XLOC O '^G^-' O '¬ONN' O '¬HEX1B1B3F@' O '¬OFF'

Comment

I think the ON command is 1b1b03, not 1b1b33. Try that. 1b1b3f is correct to return to previous font. If that doesn't work, go to the Printek site and DL the programmers manual for it to double check the codes. Most of it is the same as the older Printeks, but something may have changed since you did this on a 36. Be aware, if you ever DO decide to hook it up TCP/IP, you get a whole 'nother set of problems. But with twinax it should work smoothly once you get the codes right. -dan

Comment

I did download the manual. Unfortunately it still does not seem very clear. Also I have talked with Printek support twice. Today they said to use the 1b1b33 instead of 1b1b03 even though the manual does say to use 1b1b03. I do thank you for your assistance. Do you by chance have a program that prints bar codes with this technicque that you could sent me a sample of the O-specs? If so my e-mail address is pweagley@accrapac.com. - Pam

Comment

Sorry, no code. For one thing it's maintained by another department. For another, it builds strings on the fly from softcoded tables, so the code wouldn't make much sense. Also, all our Printeks were converted to TCP/IP several years ago, so all the codes that sent are different and get routed through a *WSCST to translate them to Printek codes. My only part in all this was to write the *WSCST. My manual shows 1b1b03 for barcode (and my *WSCST sends that). It show only values for the second byte (01-07), so I guess they might have assigned another function to the first byte, so 33 and 03 both mean barcode, but the first 3 does something else. Sorry, I'm not much help. -dan

Comment

What is the secret of printing an As400 report with bar codes on a Printek 8003 printer? I've included my current code below. I was able to accomplish something similar several years ago on the Sys 36 and a decision data printer but am having troubles now.

Comment

There were two changes I needed to make to my code that I posted earlier to successfully print bar codes on a report. 1) I was instructed to turn the command interpreter on and off only once for the whole pass. 2) I needed to find the appropriate character to enter with the bar code commands to create a "5E" when a hex dump was printed on the report. Instead of using the ^ character this turned out to be the logical not character (¬). The correct output code is: '¬ONN' '¬HEX1B1B33@' '¬H04¬T0100¬BNb' HOUSE '¬G¬T0300¬BNb' XLOC '¬G' '¬-' '¬HEX1B1B3F@' '¬OFF'

Comment

Working...
              X