Recommended AFP printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended AFP printers

Most network printers can handle *AFPDS and *IPDS, it is determined by the printer definition on the AS/400. There were some specific printers from IBM (model 4028) that were built with the *AFPDS 'conversion' built into the printer. This is probably a very old model number now, and is probably superseded. Search the info center for AFPDS; Host print transform. This forum has several discussion threads on the subject too. Avoid the purchase of those $1000 IPDS chips; they're unnecessary. The network printers on our LAN are model 'HP Laserjet 4200 PCL 6' and they have no problems printing any AFPDS spool file sent to them. Trevor

Recommended AFP printers

Hi. I am using an overlay to print signatures on checks. The print file type is *AFPDS. I need to know what printers can handle this. Is there a list of recommended printers for AFP or is there a certain specification I can look for that would tell me if a certain printer will handle this output? Also, while I'm asking questions is AFP and IPDS basically the same thing as far as the printer is concerned? Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
    X