X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tosbhen
    replied
    WSCST Printing changed on V5R2 upgrade

We just upgraded from V4R5 to V5R2 and the print jobs are now requesting A4 paper on our HP4200 printers. The same problem is occurring on different OUTQs and PRTFs. I have tried to create new WSCST object, changed MFRTYPMDL from WSCSTLETTER to HP4 and HP4000, changed WSCST to QWPHPLSR4 and QWPHPLSRE in the OUTQ. Also, changed the LPI, CPI, OVERFLW and PAGESIZE of the PRTFs. The CPI setting of 13.3 seems to be recognized, but if I leave the LPI at 8 we are prompted every time to change to A4 paper. When I change the LPI to 6 or 7.5 the first 48 lines print on page 1 and the next 12 lines print on page 2. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• tosbhen
    started a topic WSCST Printing changed on V5R2 upgrade

WSCST Printing changed on V5R2 upgrade

I was able to talk to IBM's support line to answer my question. Basically the V5R2 is more sensitive about the paper size specified. While previously 66L by 132W worked fine now I need to use 68L by 146W with CPI of 13.3 and LPI of 8. For queries we changed the file QPQUPRFIL in QSYS to reflect our desired default settings, and we use the OVRPRTF command before the RUNQRY statement in any CL programs we use to print queries. The OVRPRTF statement either use the parameters we established in the print file of IP10CPI OVRPRTF FILE(QPQUPRFIL) TOFILE(QUSRSYS/IP10CPI) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) or we specify each variable within the OVRPRTF command. I hope this helps someone else save a few hours of research.
    Code
Working...
X