Setting up a HP LJ 2600n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a HP LJ 2600n

Does anyone out there know where to get additional MFRTYPMDL(* ) definitions for newer HP printers? Does anyone know where to get the printer codes to create custom printer control files? Is there a way to configure printers with HOST TRANSFORM *no and let the printer do the translation? When I tried the HP4000 device with our new HPLJ 2600n the spool files just disappeared with no reaction from the printer. The device is configured as *LAN with the IP address, it does not go through a print server.

Setting up a HP LJ 2600n

I am not familiar with this model but if there is no manufacturer-type-model for this then the first job is to find a model which will work. I assume this is a laser printer. If so then try using MFRTYPMDL *HP4 which should give you a good starting point. This has the basic printer commands which should apply to all later models. If it works and you do not need the more advanced features of this printer then you are home free. If you still get no output I would try to PING the IPaddress of the printer. You said that the spool files just disappeared so you may have another piece of hardware on the system with the same address. Disconnect the printer and try PING again. To use the more advanced settings you can either try using a later *HP model or you can change a working MFRTYPMDL into a *WSCST workstation customisation object and use that instead. This would give you complete control of the printer and allow you to add customised page sizes, character transformations and other printer commands

Comment

Working...
    X