Direct output to specific drawer on As/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct output to specific drawer on As/400

What I forgot to mention: output from JDEdwards is a PDF-document.

Since you are directing the print from Adobe, and this is my experience with Adobe(all our policies print from Adobe after being created on an iSeries) you should have the PC that is "running" adobe set the default drawer AND set the printer as the default printer AND then test this out. This is the way we do it. Maybe there is a better way. good Luck and please post your results.

Comment

With the mentioned ERP software the generation of the output takes place on the server (AS/400) and we have the choice, either to print from Adobe via fat clients or web clients, or let the software generate a spoolfile on AS400 and print immediate. We have chosen for the last option to have less handling for our end users: the document will simply start printing. With the first option the users have to open the document with Adobe and than hit the print-button. And in that way it works: the document prints immediately, on the right printer but not from the drawer specified in the spoolfile.

Comment

I'm an application consultant for JDEdwards EnterpriseOne 8.0 and have problems with directing output to specific drawers with pre-printed forms. Output is from EnterpriseOne directed to an outq on AS/400, however is always printed from the same drawer inspite of the fact that the correct drawer is specified in the spoolfile on AS/400. In first instance I tried to fix this by defining Workstation Customizing Objects (WSCST), but without success. Than found out that WSCST may not be possible for printerfiles with the Printer Device Type parameter *USERASCII and you might have guessed: all output is defined as *USERASCII. Is there anyone with experience with this matter?

Comment

Working...
        X