AFP printing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFP printing ?

There is an IBM redbook for the AS/400 called "Guide to Output". You will find step-by-step directions for overlays, page segments, etc. One word of wraning: Color overlays do not work. They are mentioned in passing in the book, but they plain and simply do not work. Dave

AFP printing ?

This articles a little old but the techniques should still apply. Mike Faust "May the (AFP Overlay) Forms Be with You" 5/1/00 12:01am Good Luck

Comment

AFP printing ?

Mike Faust, Your old article is still pretty good. I use Operations Navigator to transfer to the 400 these days. Do you know if it is possible to scan a blank form and convert it to a PDF, then paste that PDF into WORD and then print the WORD doc with the IBM AFP driver? Or print from Acrobat using the PDF driver? I find it difficult to get things to line up correctly using a form in WORD. Since I already have my existing paper forms laid out the way I want them, can I just use them in some way? I will try this to see how it works, but it will be a day or two before I can get to it, so I thought I'd ask here first. I have also found a difference between the way my overlay prints in WORD 97 on win98 and WORD 2000 on win2000. I guess I need to check those drivers again. Thanks. ---Dale

Comment

AFP printing ?

You can actually generate from any application that can print using the AFP driver. The key is making sure the output type is set to Overlay. If your scanning to a PDF just print it out from Adobe using the AFP driver.

Comment

AFP printing ?

Dear all, Can someone help me to print an invoice on our cheap HP-LJ printers ? I can print the content of it, but how do i print our logo on it ? I work with V5R3. We also have Client Access. Each answer is greatly appreciated.

Comment

AFP printing ?

I've purchased software from Computer Keyes that handles all of this nicely. Check them out at http://www.computerkeyes.com/ I've taken several reports that print on preprinted forms from our AS400 and plopped them onto colored overlays with our company logo and all, and can email or fax them right from our AS400. Carl

Comment

Working...
            X