Printing Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Overlay

The AFP(*NO) and Tranform(*no) are probably the cause of it not being printed. Why use a rumba session? If your printers have an IP address that the 400 can see, define a printer on the 400 like this: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT3106B) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(9100) FONT(11) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000) RMTLOCNAME('10.17.201.77') SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) when prompting it pick the MFRTYPMDL and SYSDRVPGM from the list that most closely matches the device and model. Trevor

Printing Overlay

I just want to confirm that to do what Trevor suggests, the printer must have it's own ip address. I have lots of printers but they are all attached to pc's. They are not network printers and thus do not have ip address, just and address of the the pc they are attached to. I don't use Rumba, I use IBM's client access (or whatever they are calling it this year) which I assume is the same. I use host print transform, but I have to give it the correct hardware type to get it to work. I find it difficult to get consistant printing across different types of printers. ---Dale

Comment

Printing Overlay

Trevor I just tried your suggestion and I have got some prints outs. This is exactly the help I needed. Thanks to your great help. Also thanks to Dale to his help/contribution. Nathan

Comment

Printing Overlay

To print DEVTP(*AFPDS), *LINE or *AFPDSLINE spool files through an emulation session the printer has to be defined as a Host Print Transform printer. I do not know much about your emulation but such an option is available with most of the emulation products as with ClientAccess emulation. Regular definition of printer sessions serve for DEVTP(*SCS) which are the regular, characterial spool files. Without using the HPT, the printer job turns an *AFPDS spool to HOLD. As about the propositions to use a network printer (using the IP address) you have to use the same definition when you define the printer as Remoute OUTQ or *LAN printer device. Without HPT definition you need an IPDS printer (card) or IPDS emulation product. Yossi

Comment

Printing Overlay

Hi All, I have made a company logo using AFP printer driver and FTP that to as/400 and created an overlay file (*OVL)with datatype of *AFPDS. I have RUMBA printer session defined as 3812 virtual printer, when I release the report with the overlay to be printed, it does not get printed and its status changes to HOLD. My printer device is defined as:- DEVCLS > *VRT TYPE > 3812 MODEL > 1 AFP > *NO TRANSFORM > *NO I would appreciate any help on this problem. Thanks in advance. Nathan

Comment

Printing Overlay

Hi Yossi You have a valid point. Thanks for help. Nathan

Comment

Working...
            X