remote outq - from 1 i to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote outq - from 1 i to another

Johnie, Unless I'm missing something, the fact that the spool file on Sys2 came via RmtOutq should not make any difference. Once it arrives on Sys2 you can manipulate it as any other spool file. The API to list spool files in an Outq is QUSLSPL. Bill

Is QUSLSPL called with paramaters or accessed another way. Also - I have found a tighter firewall from our Web 400 prevents me from pinging printers attached via IP to the other 400. The remote outq(s) use to work ok - now they don't. I believe that if ping does not work the necessary communication is not available for printing or for the QUSLSPL to work. Or is ther some other way via controls on the 400s to allow communication to the specified IP addresses. Thanks Johnie

Comment

Johnie Hall wrote: > Is QUSLSPL called with paramaters or accessed another way. QUSLSPL is an API and definitely has parameters. I believe it will only work on spool files on the local system, but I could be wrong. > Also - I have found a tighter firewall from our Web 400 prevents me > from pinging printers attached via IP to the other 400. The remote > outq(s) use to work ok - now they don't. I believe that if ping does > not work the necessary communication is not available for printing or > for the QUSLSPL to work. Or is ther some other way via controls on > the 400s to allow communication to the specified IP addresses. Thanks You may be right, but unless someone else can come up with a better idea, I think you're going to have to give up on manipulating the spool file on system 2 from a program in system 1. Bill

Comment

I have not had any trouble creating a remote outq using the IP address of another i series. I can print on a printer attached to system 1 via remote outq back to it in system 2. I seem to be missing something though. I would like to be on system 2 and access the remote outq that was created on system 1 as a remote outq on system 2. I would like to create a printfile on system 1 with overrides or printfile attributes that is directed into the system 2 remote outq and then be able to manipulate the spoolfile while signed on to system 2. Can it be done? My experiments have all failed. Thanks, Johnie Bigmac46

Comment

An *IP type output queue is simply an output queue that sends the print files to an IP address instead of a printer. The IP address is not the address of the output queue, but the address of the device that will ultimately receive the print file. I don't think you can create a print file in an output queue on another system. You can have an *IP type output queue on more than one system where all the output queues point to the same IP address.

Comment

Working...
          X