Printer reconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer reconnect

Is it really necessary to perform a weekly IPL? What are you trying to accomplish? Dave

Printer reconnect

I guess I never approached it from that angle. Not sure if I have a really good answer for that other than I am a believer that frequent IPL's keep the system running more smoothly. What kind of IPL schedule would you suggest?

Comment

Printer reconnect

We print invoices on a printer connected to a PC. This PC is running a 3812 emulation program. The problem is on Saturday nights our iseries reboots and this disconnects the printer session. Sunday morning someone will come in and want to print and the 3812 emulation software is disconnected. All they have to do is re-connect it, but I was wondering if there was any 3812 (or similar) emulation software that will reconnect the session automatically?

Comment

Printer reconnect

Once a month is more than enough. You could run a nightly cleanup, and re-gen system journals, deleting the old journal receivers. Keeping the system free of junk will often go a long way in the performance department. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X