Condensed printing on OKI320

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensed printing on OKI320

As a follow up, I did some checking on the IBM web site. They said basically you trick the printer into thinking it's printing 132 wide. Here's a link - http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...05e221d&rs=110 Tom

I've been thrown into the middle of this so I hope I get the facts straight. I have an Okidata 320 dot matrix printer that is attached via Client Access. It used to print normal size (don't think it was set up though CA, not sure though). I new pc was installed and now it prints condensed. I checked the config on CA. It's set to do host print transform on the AS400 and I set it up to use a WSCST that I created changing all CPI to be 10 CPI. The devd also is changed to use the WSCST. It's set up as a type 3812. I tried to recreate it as a 5219, but the 400 didn't accept that and must have autoconfiged it back to a 3812. Any help is appreciated. TIA, Tom

Comment

I had a similar problem with okidata 590. Always printed condensed. IBM said to set emulation on the oki to epson (it was already set that way). Then configure in client access as epson 570 and use host print transform. This fixed teh condensed problem and allowed my cl OVRPRTF to change cpi to 12, 10 whatever. The printer file I was using was 132 characters, so that may be part of the problem. ---Dale

Comment

Working...
      X