Equivalent of COPYPRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equivalent of COPYPRT

Gary, You can use the CPYF command, and make the TOFILE() parameter *PRINT. This will place the file on the spool. If you have any more System/36 questions, don't be bashful! (smile) Doug

Equivalent of COPYPRT

thanks for getting back so quick Doug. That does indeed produce a spool file, however, the spool file it creates is not the same as the one originally created from.

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

Gary, I just thought of something else. If you are using the S/36 environment, then the COPYPRT command can be used to recreate the spool file (at least it could on a true S/36). As I recall, I think there is a parameter you indicate to copy the file back to the spool. It's been awhile, but I know you can do it because I remember doing that in my S/36 days. If you cannot find the parameter, send me a copy of the parameter list and I will try to remember how to do it. Doug

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

will have a look Thanks again Doug

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

Gary, I just thought of something else. If you are using the S/36 environment, then the COPYPRT command can be used to recreate the spool file (at least it could on a true S/36). As I recall, I think there is a parameter you indicate to copy the file back to the spool. It's been awhile, but I know you can do it because I remember doing that in my S/36 days. If you cannot find the parameter, send me a copy of the parameter list and I will try to remember how to do it. Doug

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

the parameter is NOCOPY. the command would be COPYPRT NOCOPY,YOURFILENAME That would put the file back into the spool. It sure was a handy command. You could put it back exactly the way you took it out. Too bad IBM didn't create an equivalent for the AS400.

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

One of my colleagues who still has dealing with boxes running on S36 environment has a command COPYPRT, which he uses to copy a spool file to a physical file, transfers the physical file to another box, then uses the COPYPRT again to recreate the spool file from the physical file. I'm aware of the CPYSPLF command which creates a physical file from a spool file, but is there an equivilent command to recreate the spool file?

Comment

Equivalent of COPYPRT

Did you rember to put *FCFC For the control charater parm. this will control the line and page spaceing when you go to print the file.

Comment

Working...
                X