Big giant Xerox Docuprint - config a 3812 device question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big giant Xerox Docuprint - config a 3812 device question

Scott- I have several Xerox DocuCenters configured as 3812 printers and they work ok (a little slow). I used device type 3812, model 1, port 9100 but I had to use HP4 as the model type and the HP drivers for the system driver program. Pat

Pat, Thank you for your response. This is one of those giant production printing stations that is about 20 feet long. I do have Xerox DocuCenters that work just fine but this Docuprint thing is only working with remote writers. I need to print banner pages so I am trying to do the socket printing with a device. I get message CPD337F when the device finally gives up trying to send spool to the printer. I have tried just about all of the drivers and make/models to no avail in the device description. I am about to give up. Scott

Comment

Hi, Are You sure that the printer is set up for port 9100? Anders

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Checking the IBM KnowledgeBase, it says you may need to use port 2000 instead. It also suggests using SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) and MFRTYPMDL(*HP5). Some models may require a firmware upgrade. They have also been configured successfully using remote output queues, and the model 432 ST can be configured as an SNMP printer. If none of these works, IBM recommends talking to Xerox. It looks like there are many models of DocuPrint. On the DC255, port 9100 is not bi-directional, of all things.

Comment

I have a humongous Xerox Docuprint 135 EPS printer. Currently, I print using a remote outq. I need to switch this to a print device and print through port 9100. I have tried and tried to make this work to no avail. I am really close for the AS/400 acts like the spool file is going to make it through but ends up only sending a blank page to the printer. Has anyone had success in creating a 3812 device to one of these monster printers? Thanks, Scott

Comment

Working...
            X