How to print to a networked printer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to print to a networked printer?

Use the *LAN device option CRTDEVPRT DEVD(M5200N) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(0) LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(0) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) RMTLOCNAME('1.2.3.4') Where the RMTLOCNAME parameter is the IP address for your printer. You'll also need to know what model of HP laserjet the printer is compatible with and set the MFRTYPMDL parameter to that model.

There is a very good IBM document at: Support for Various ASCII Printers Look up your dell and use the appropriate manufacturer and pcl code setting. In the case of a Dell M5200 the manufacture would be "*LEXOPTRA", I don't know if you will have to use the HP PCL or IBM PCL setting. You can play with them until you find one that works.

Comment

Comment

Create the OUT QUEUE first and the the device description. See - CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/PRTOUT1) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) + RMTPRTQ(D1PRN) CNNTYPE(*IP) + DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000)+ INTNETADR('X.X.X.X') DESTOPT(XAIX) + SEPPAGE(*NO) TEXT('Laser Printer 1') CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRTOUT1) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO) + CTL(QVIRCD0001) FONT(011 *NONE) FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) + SEPDRAWER(*FILE) PRTERRMSG(*INFO) MSGQ(*LIBL/QSYSOPR) + TRANSFORM(*NO) MFRTYPMDL(*HP4000) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) + PPRSRC2(*LETTER) ENVELOPE(*NUMBER10) ASCII899(*YES) + IMGCFG(*NONE) TEXT('Laser Printer 1') + DEPLOCNAME(*NONE) PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*UNKNOWN)) Then vary the printer on & away you go!

Comment

How about printing to an ASCII (dot matrix) printer instead of a laser printer? I have not been successful trying to get this to work.

Comment

Mike, Are you sure about thism port 0? On HP, I have always used port 9100, and on most IBM stuff either 9100, 2500, or 5001. Just my €.02

Comment

You are correct. Not sure how I got PORT(0) in there.

Comment

Did you get this fix? If not let me know. I got a Dell Laser Printer connected to a 400 workign just great!

Comment

I have a Dell M5200n printer. I know that we can print from the iSeries to a networked (TCP/IP) printer. However, I am stuck here on how to configure it on the iSeries. I tried CRTDEVPRT using a "remote queue", but the print job remains in a "SND" status when I tried printing to it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT10) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) + LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(9100) ATTACH(*DIRECT) ONLINE(*YES) + FONT(011 *NONE) FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT) SEPDRAWER(*FILE) + PRTERRMSG(*INQ) MSGQ(*CTLD) ACTTMR(170) INACTTMR(*SEC15) + LINESPEED(19200) WORDLEN(8) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) + TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*LEXOPTRAT) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) + PPRSRC2(*LETTER) ENVELOPE(*NUMBER10) ASCII899(*NO) + IMGCFG(*NONE) CHRID(*SYSVAL) RMTLOCNAME('xx.xx.xx.xx') + SYSDRVPGM(*HPPJLDRV) PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN + *UNKNOWN *BLANK (*UNKNOWN))

Comment

Working...
                    X