Printing to a Toshiba e-Studio 350 copier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to a Toshiba e-Studio 350 copier

The problem could be that the iSeries doesn't know what drawers are available or how to address them. What type of workstation customization object are you using? To be sure you are using the best configuration, I'd suggest you check out this URL: IBM ascii printers

We have a Toshiba e-Studio 350 copier hooked up to our network. I can print to it from my PC as well as the iSeries. The PC printing works fine. When I try to print from the iSeries, it pretty much works fine, except I cannot get the printer to pull from the legal paper drawer no matter what drawer setting I use on my OVRPRTF command. What I am trying to do is print a 256 column printer file on the copier attached to the network. I want to print the report landscape on legal paper but cannot get the legal paper to pull in, nor can I seem to tell the printer that the CPI can be slightly larger, given the elongated paper size. We also have an IBM 3916 network attached printer, which I cannot get to do the same thing either. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks, Doug.

Comment

OS400 tries to help by automatically doing COR (Computer Output Reduction). To turn this off, you must specify a degree of page rotation. When COR is on, OS400 will automatically increase the CPI to fit more on a page, making the printer think it doesnt need legal size paper.

Comment

Working...
      X