Alignment Msg on System Ptr After IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Msg on System Ptr After IPL

I don't have my iSeries in front of me, but I believe we solved this kind of problem by creating an auto-respond message queue, then telling the devd to use the queue. Something like CRTMSGQ MSGQ(AUTORESPND) SOMEATTRIBUTE(*AUTORPY) (I don't remember the name of the attribute/parm on CRTMSGQ, but it sets the msgq up so it sends the default reply to any message it receives) CHGDEVD (I think) MSGQ(AUTORESPND) That way, any inquiry messages will go to the queue and receive their default reply. We used this to deal with several similar issues. The drawback is that the msgq "swallows" the messages, and sometimes the printer may act up, and you need to see what messages it's sending out. To do that you'd change the device to use QSYSOPR or something other than AUTORESPND for the msgq.

I have browsed through multitudes of messages and have not been able to find an answer to my problem or I found it and failed to understand that I had found it. After the system IPL's on Sunday morning, usually the next job to run is a backup that afternoon. On Monday morning when I come in, I always have message CPA4002 (Verify alignment on printer PRT01) for the backup printout waiting for me. All the jobs that are waiting to print are hung up until I respond to this message. Is there any way besides putting something universal in the reply list to keep this from happening? Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Comment

Hey Cheryl, Did you ever get this problem solved? Doug

Comment

Working...
      X