HP4100 Page orientation errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP4100 Page orientation errors

Rob Nock wrote: > When we have upgraded to new PC's or to Windows XP, we have needed to > reinstall Client Access. After we do this printed reports no longer > automatically rotate or reduce font size when they are to large to > fit the existing page orientation and/or font size. They will print > in the desired format on other 4100 series printers that have not had > Client Access reinstalled. > > Has anyone else run into this problem? Rob, I haven't, but I'm not on V5R3 either. I'd double-check the actual iSeries Device Descriptions of the printer devices that work correctly against those that don't. I believe you'll find your answer there. Bill

We have a number of HP4100 series printers attached to our network through users PC's and configured on our i5 as Type 3812 virtual class devices. When we have upgraded to new PC's or to Windows XP, we have needed to reinstall Client Access. After we do this printed reports no longer automatically rotate or reduce font size when they are to large to fit the existing page orientation and/or font size. They will print in the desired format on other 4100 series printers that have not had Client Access reinstalled. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Comment

Bill, Thanks for that suggestion. We tried checking all the devices, queues, printer definitions, etc. Finally found the answer in the settings for Client Access printer session. There is a group of parameters for "Page Setup" on the drop-down-menu for the "File" definition. There is a whole section for "Page Orientation" that allows you to set "Automatic Page Orientation", "Computer Output Reduction" (which corresponds to PAGRTT keyword of *COR for a printer file) and "Best Fit Scaling". When we tweaked these we got the desired results. I don't remember ever having to set these values before so maybe the defaults have changed with the current versions of Client Access and/or Windows XP.

Comment

Working...
      X