Unable to Recreate Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Recreate Overlay

Michael, Make sure the "Output Type" option on the AFP printer driver is set to "Overlay".

Thanks Mike, That fixed it, job completed without error. Not sure how the Output Type changed from when I had setup the AFP printer but thats MS.

Comment

Hello all, I need to change an overlay, I have no problem with the word doc and saving it as an ".OLY". The IBM AFP driver I'm using is "IBM AFP 144". I copy/paste the OLY to my overlays folder, so far so good. I used the guide lines layed out by Mike Faust in the "MAY the (AFP Overlay) Forms be with You" article. Everthing worked fine when I initially created these overlays about 3-4 years ago. Back then we were on V4R5 and now we are on V5R1. Now I've made the change but when I run my CRTOL CL job it gives me an error on the CRTOVL process. Here is the CL program.. ----------------------------------------------------------- PGM CLRPFM FILE(QGPL/OVERLAYS) CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(OVERLAYS) TOFILE(QGPL/OVERLAYS) + FROMDOC(IPORD.PRN) TOMBR(IPORD) + TRNTBL(*NONE) TRNFMT(*NOTEXT) CRTOVL OVL(QGPL/IPORD) FILE(QGPL/OVERLAYS) ENDPGM ----------------------------------------------------------- The error message I'm getting is... ---> call crtol Member OVERLAYS file OVERLAYS in QGPL cleared. PC document copied to physical file member. File OVERLAYS in QGPL not valid for creating a *OVL. Printer resource type *OVL IPORD was not created in library QGPL. Function check. CPF88C1 unmonitored by CRTOL at statement 600, instruction X'0014'. CPF88C1 received by CRTOL at 600. (C D I R) CPF88C1 received by CRTOL at 600. (C D I R) ---> A more detailed description of the not valid message --> Message . . . . : File OVERLAYS in QGPL not valid for creating a *OVL. Cause . . . . . : The file or member cannot be used to create a printer resource. *N means that the incoming data was an internal system space. No source file or library is specified. The reason code is 02. The reason codes and their meanings are: 1 - A length field contained in the incoming data for the printer resource is not correct. 2 - The structured field identifier in the incoming data for the printer resource is not correct or is not supported. The error was detected while processing record 1, byte number 17. The structured field which is not correct may be caused by a length that is not correct on the previous structure field. The structured field which was being processed at the time Message . . . . : File OVERLAYS in QGPL not valid for creating a *OVL. Cause . . . . . : The file or member cannot be used to create a printer resource. *N means that the incoming data was an internal system space. No source file or library is specified. The reason code is 02. The reason codes and their meanings are: 1 - A length field contained in the incoming data for the printer resource is not correct. 2 - The structured field identifier in the incoming data for the printer resource is not correct or is not supported. The error was detected while processing record 1, byte number 17. The structured field which is not correct may be caused by a length that is not correct on the previous structure field. The structured field which was being processed at the time is '5A0010D3A8C6'X. 3 - The file or member specified contains no data. 4 - The incoming data for the printer resource is not correc

Comment

Mike, Thought my troubles were over but not that lucky. Seems now the word doc fonts and lines have shrunk down to about 8pt if not smaller when the report prints Created a quick basic overlay and ran my report using the test one but same thing happens. If I run the production report everything comes out fine, its still using the original overlay. Is there something in the printer definition that is not set properly or is this an AS400 issue.

Comment

Working...
        X