Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing one spool from multiple programs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing one spool from multiple programs.

Assuming your programs follow each other sequentially, have you tried leaving the spool file open? Dave

Yes. How do you get it to stop adding to the spool. We send fax through a Fax*Star server. I would like to just add a header page and a trailer page to any selected output spool without changing the existing print program. I have tried doing an print file override with share(*yes) at the start of the program and share(*NO) at the end. However, the spool remains open and continues accepting data.
    Code

Comment

Once a spool file is closed and the spool is in *RDY or *HLD state, you can no longer add to it, unless you convert the spool to a file, and then back again. Dave

Comment

Correct. My problem is that the spool file does not close when the override with share(*NO) is executed. How do I make it close.

Comment

Have you tried the RCLRSC command? Dave

Comment

Thank you for your help. The RCLRSC command did the trick.

Comment

How can I get multiple programs to write to the same spool member?

Comment

To remove an override, shouldn't you use DLTOVR rather than doing another OVRPRTF? I would think you would use DLTOVR FILE(REPORT) You might consider the OPNSCOPE(*JOB) parameter on the OVRPRTF and the LVL(*JOB) parameter on the DLTOVR. The values of these parameters may be different from *JOB based on your requirements, but they should match.

Comment

Working...
                X