Infoprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infoprint

Is the problem you're having with the spool file that is generated from DDS or the PDF that is created by InfoPrint Server? I don't know the solution to your exact problem, but I do have a couple of suggestions. PTF level, I know when we installed infoprint server we had to get a ton of PTFs. Also, I would check the printer type that your are using, I believe the PSF config object defaults to the lowest resolution printer. I would check those two things and see if it helps.

Infoprint

Thanks for the ideas. I'm trying to create a color shaded box. I can get the box but no shading or colored text, or get no box but get colored text. I'm defining the PRTF with a DEVTYPE of *AFPDS. This gets directed to an outq that feeds Infoprint via a writer with a printer device type of *IPDS. The PSFCFG object has a PDF device emulation type of *IP40300 and the resultant PDF file is put to a stmf. I used the Redbook http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246250.pdf as a guide to setting things up. There's a lot of ins and outs to this stuff. I also dug up some old GDDM experiments and the output generated is handled just fine by Infoprint. It's pretty cool to have an RPG program generate a chart in color in a PDF! Legacy my i! If I can figure out this one problem.... Tom D.
    Code

Comment

Infoprint

I am trying to print a shaded box and having the same problem. Did you ever get it to work? Kent Ulrich

Comment

Infoprint

==Vendor response== I hope you were able to solve your problem. For others that might be facing the same situation or are looking to convert spool files into PDF, check out Formtastic from Quadrant Software (www.quadrantsoftware.com). Formtastic has all the nice design features you want (boxes with shading, rounded corners, adding images, bar codes, etc.) plus the ability to save as PDF on the network, as an email attachment, or to an imaging system. daniel

Comment

Infoprint

I've been experimenting with Infoprint server to convert spoolfiles to PDF and I think it's great... except for one problem that I can't figure out. When the prtf is created with DEVTYPE(*IPDS) the COLOR keyword in DDS works. Wehn the DEVTYPE is *AFPDS the COLOR does not work, however, the DDS BOX keyword works. I can't seem to get both COLOR and BOX to work though. I've been scouring the online doc and I think this is possible. What am I missing? BTW - it sure would be nice to be able to specify compile options in the DDS source... this would ward off alot of recompiles because I forget to specify the DEVTYPE. Same for PF DDS. Sometimes a file is defined only for an exeternally defined DS, not to contain data. Specifying compile options like SIZE(1 0000 0) in the source would be cool rather than having to hope that the next Joe reads the comments and complies. Tom D.

Comment

Infoprint

Danial... thanks for the nice, clear statement "Vendor response". Your comments were concise and to the point, and it was absolutely clear that you were pitching a vendor product. Joe

Comment

Working...
            X