Bar code printing on 6400 printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar code printing on 6400 printer

You should be able to print barcodes on a 6400 without having to specify the device as being AFP(*YES). Just make sure that the the printer file is of type *AFPDS. Dave

David the printer file type is *AFPDS , when I change AFP(*NO) nothing gets printed out. George

Comment

Is the printer type *IPDS? Dave

Comment

Dave printer type is *IPDS. The most frustrating aspect of this is that users cant move prints from one print to another because the print go into *PND state George

Comment

I have been able to print bar codes on an *IPDS 6400 printer without running into your situation. Perhaps there is something else in your DDS code, or the compile options. Please post them. Dave

Comment

We have recently set up our 6400 printers to print barcodes, buy adding an IPDS module to the printer and changing their device description to have DEVICE TYPE *IPDS AFP *YES I have noticed that there are now 2 job generated for the printer in QSPL , one job *WTR the other *PDJ. The problem I am having is that I cant move a report from one of these printer because the report has a state of *PND. This has only happened after changing AFP to *YES ,if I revert back to *NO, I can move reports from one printer to another. Can any one help Cheers George

Comment

Dave we can now print barcodes the problem is that since reconfiguring the printer we have the issue that whilst one print is acctually printing(could be a long report) we cant move prints to another printer because they go into a *pnd state . George

Comment

Working...
              X