Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF) - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF)

Can you be more specific about the message? Did it appear while you are keying in those statements or somewhere else? Your protection directives should appear like these:
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2019, 04:12 PM.

I've got an Apache HTTP server that I'm using to serve my CGI stuff... Is there something I can insert into the configuration file that will automatically make the user login instead of having to put this into my default HTTP server directive, then migrate it over to Apache and add my directives for LDAP, enable CGI, add new directories, etc.? Shane

Comment

I went ahead and migrated my original HTTP server to Apache. During the migration, it migrated 9 protection setup directives. When I printed this out, this message was in the log: Manual migration is required. For security reasons, Access Control Lists (ACLs) must be migrated manually to ensure proper configuration. ACLOverride directives have not been migrated. Does anyone know more about how I go about doing this? Does anyone else's make the user log in twice? Once for initially getting the page to appear and once after they press "Get Spooled Files?" Shane

Comment

Has anyone been able to alter this program to allow more than 132 character width spool files? I've got several PRTFs that i'd like to be able to download as a PDF and it cuts off the leading & trailing characters. Shane

Comment

I had this similar problem and I'm sure everyone else did too if they followed instructions verbatim. It is further confused by the fact that you actually typed it correctly in your question, but it was indeed wrong in the instructions and probably on your compile as well. Here is a cut and paste of my compile that worked; CRTPGM PGM(QGPL/WRKCGISPLF) BNDSRVPGM(QHTTPSVR/QZHBCGI) And gosh, I'm only two years late with your answer!

Comment

Hi Shane Only just read your post, but in case you're still trying to get the PDFs to work with 198 characters or for any lurkers, there is a solution. If you edit the RPGLE source member "WRKCGISPLF", you need to find the "PDFNewPage" sub-procedure. Within this procedure there is a select clause that sets the text size according the CPI attribute from the spool file. The conditions in the select clause use CPI settings measured in tenths of inches, so a CPI of 15 is held as 150, etc. Hope it helps Jonathan www.astradyne-uk.com
            Code

Comment

WRKCGISPLF link is broken

Does anyone had an updated link to the coding for this or the zip file itself?

Comment

Downloadable Code

Attached please find the code for this article.
                Attached Files

Comment

Download does not work

Hello, I tried to download the code but an error occurred : Not found!

Comment

don't work the link is broken. Would you check. Thanks and regards

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF) **
                      ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF) **
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Work with CGI Spooled Files (WRKCGISPLF) **
                        Just wanted to thank you for the cool program. We have users that want to download spool files all the time but can not get the hang of going to the IFS drive. Thanks.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

The tip looks great and everything compiles just fine. I obviously am not experienced enough to get it running. I have tried various URL's without success.For example: http://MyIseries:8001/cgi-bin/WRKCGISPLF or http://MyIseries:8001/cgi-bin/qsys.l...lib/WRKCGISPLF or http://MyIseries:8001/cgi-bin/qsys.l...WRKCGISPLF.pgm etc. I always get a 404 file not found error. Can you point me to in the right direction please?
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Peter, did you ever get this utility up and running? I also have not been able to get it running. Is a new HTTP server instance required and how should it be configured? I haven't had any luck with my trials to date.

Comment

kmckrack, I have it partially running. I get the first input screen OK, but then after clicking the "Get Spooled Files" button, it gives me a "Cannot fid server" message. I have been debugging the utility (writing statements to a file I have included ) and found that the "Eval current_URL = GetURL" statement gets my DEFAULT server name, but not my actual one which is using port 8001. Why this is, is beyond my experience. Any input from anyone on this would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X