TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part One

The PDF generated by this utility uses basefont COURIER that - I suppose - does not have Hebrew characters. The error you get at opening arises from a wrong translation of square brackets. The enclosed PDF has them fixed but the Hebrew characters are not shown. In 3rd issue you will find another version of the utility that allow you to specify a base font like Courier or your .ttf font that - maybe - will help you to save your 6,000 bucks.[file name=6b2130bb_ELSHPRT_20050120.pdf size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b2130bb_ELSHPRT_20050120.pdf[/file]

You can include the QUSEC copy manually
    Code

Comment

One step at a time : 1. "...a wrong translation of square brackets. The enclosed PDF has them fixed..." - Could you tell me what do in order to fix the wrong translation ? 2. Was the excerpt I sent you from your revised program allright ? Did it have anything to do with the previous paragraph (wrong translation) ? 3. "...In 3rd issue.." - Has the 2nd issue been published yet ? How long to the 3rd ? Waiting for your answer, Moti.

Comment

1. The wrong translation occurs for square brackets. Left bracket should be translated to x'5B' instead of x'E2'. Right bracket should be x'5D' instead of x'E3'

Comment

OK. I changed the translation and the document came out allright although, not surprisingly, the Hebrew didn't yet appear correctly. What about Part 2 and Part 3 ? Any of them out yet ? Any updates of version that could help me in any way ? Hoping for good news soon, Moti.

Comment

Part 2 is online. But it does not solve your problem. Maybe part 3 where you can use your own font. Part 4 will work in a completely different way. Let's see if it works with your Hebrew. Be patient.

Comment

Dear Mr Costagliola.. We are very anxious to try a utility like yours but are unable to compile all the programs:[*] clicking on the command source takes us to a windows command line[*] we had to comment out the " DCL &PROP " statement in the CL source since it was not referrenced[*] RPGLE src SCS2PDFR does not compile because we do not have the library QSYSINC for the /copy QYSYINC/QRPGLESRC,QUSEC statement. We are on V5R1. Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Comment

1. Why do you have to click on a .cmd from windows ? 2. Even if not used &prop does not produce compile errors 3. Install 5722SS1 Opt.13 (System Openness Includes)

Comment

The program scs2pdfr is blowing up during execution. The following error occurs and I can't figure out what is causing it. Cannot resolve to object CDRCVRT. Type and Subtype X'0201' Authority X'0000'. Thanks, Jody

Comment

Jody hi, The program is supposed to be in the QSYS2 Library. Do you have such a library ? Which release you're working with ? Because we're working with 5.1 and the program attributes say that the earliest release that the program can run is 5.1 I can send you a Save file with the program if you're interested. HIH, Moti.

Comment

The CDRCVRT CDRA APIs is in library QSYS2. You can also use equivalent APIs (stored in library QSYS) to achieve the same function. The equivalent APIs is QTQCVRT.

Comment

Found it in qsys2 and works great. Thanks, Jody

Comment

Now that this is working. I believe you mention something about encrypting in part 3. Could this be incorporated in part 1?

Comment

SCS2PDF ends with compression. No more features will be added to this utility. Part 3 and 4 will present 2 more different ways of creating PDFs with Java and C.

Comment

Got an array index error while trying to create a PDF file for a 20,000 plus pages spool file. Following is the part of error message: 1181721 records copied to file CPYSPOOL in QGPL. Range of subscript value or character string error. Function check. MCH0603 unmonitored by SCS2PDFR at statement 0000000622, instruction X'0000'. The call to WRITEPAGES ended in error (C G D F). Any ideas on how to solve this? If not, what is the limit on the size of the file can be converted to PDF using SCS2PDF command?

Comment

Working...
                              X