TechTip: TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giuseppe, Hello! Sorry, You can ignore my question, I didn’t read Your article to the end. Problem solved with copying correct .TTF file. Now I have all Croatian letters and everything works perfect! SCSiText is the best (free) tool that I know, and believe me, I was tested a lot of such free tools!!! Really great! Thank You! Dalibor

Comment

Hello again, Giuseppe. Now I really have problem. For some reason some of my spoolfiles SCS2ITEXT can’t convert to PDF. On IFS I receive PDF file with 0 KB, and, of course, when I copy it on PC and try to open it, I receive error. Error message and messages from JDEBUG(*YES) are in attachment, can You please help me, Giuseppe? Dalibor[file name=6b334416_Error.doc size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b334416_Error.doc[/file]

Comment

One more thing: some of attributes of spool files that can't convert: Page size: Length . . . . : 72 Width . . . . . . . . . . : 220 Measurement method . . . : *ROWCOL Lines per inch . . . . . : 6 Characters per inch . . . : 16.7 Overflow line number . . : 60 Fold records . . . . . . : *NO does something from that attributes causing creation empty PDF?

Comment

The maximum lng for the utility in the article is 198. You can easily increase to 220 or more. Did you recreate the PF with field size increased to 220 ?

Comment

Thanks Beppe! It works!! After recreating PF with field size of 220, PDF file was created correctly. (Sorry for late reply, I was too busy with work and study). SCS2ITEXT is really great tool! Thanks a million! Dalibor

Comment

Hello Giuseppe, I'm geting error msg: 'Program SCS2ITEXT not found in library *LIBL.' when I try to use SCS2ITEX command. How can I create this program ?? Thanks and Best regards

Comment

Guiseppe, I get the same error, but only when this is run as part of a web application. When I run this interactively, it's fine. Any suggestions?

Comment

This is a discussion about TechTip: TechTip: Spooled Files and PDF, Part Three.

Click here for the article.

Comment

Instead of using the SCS2ITEXT command, I've written an RPG program that reads through a list of spool files to be converted to PDF and then calls SCS2ITEXTC. I can copy in the exact code if needed, but basically it's.. Read PDFPARM file to retrieve Logopath, logoscale, logoposition, pagesize, pdfpath, etc. for the set of spool files being converted Generate a unique PDF name Read PDFLIST to retrieve the spool file name, user, job, number, spoolnumber etc. of the first spool file to be converted Generate a unique PDF name Call to SCS2ITEXTC to create the PDF Loop through PDFLIST and repeat the call to SCS2ITEXTC until EOF. The first call to SCS2ITEXTC works perfectly. Every call after that results in a PDF with a size of 0. When I try to open any of these, I get an error from ADOBE. When I run using debug = *YES I do get an exception which is attached.[file name=6b3a4d50_javanullpointererror.doc size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b3a4d50_javanullpointererror.doc[/file]

Comment

Working...
                    X