Printing PDF to HP Postscript Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing PDF to HP Postscript Printer

Does anyone here have experience with sending a PDF file from the IFS directly to a printer? It should be possible to automate this via FTP, but there seem to be a lot of caveats--the right PostScript driver on the printer, user authority lists for printer logon, etc.--so if anyone has made any progress here or can point me to any resources I would appreciate it. My client is at V6R1. Thanks, Doug

print pdf

not sure how ok it is to cross post answers but here is a solution:

Bryan

August 14, 2005By: Scott Klement

Last edited by bdietz400; 05-25-2010, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, but that link is only available for their "ProVIP" subscribers, and I'm currently just an impoverished contractor--certainly "Pro", but obviously not "VIP" enough! I do have access to back issues of the hard copy magazine here at my client's base, though, so if this link references some published code please point me to the right issue. Thanks, Doug

Comment

Hello Doug,

If you're interested in printing PDF spool files from the IFS, we have a Native iSeries PDF and TIFF utility product for spooling any PDF file for printing.

Feel free to contact me directly or check out our web site.

Regards,
        Richard Schoen
        RJS Software Systems Inc.
        Where Information Meets Innovation
        Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
        Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
        Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
        Tel: (952) 736-5800
        Fax: (952) 736-5801
        Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I'm still looking for a solution for this one piece: sending a PDF file from the IFS to a networked HP printer, preferably as native PCL wrapped in a *USERASCII spooled file. I know my client has been looking at your other offerings regarding forms design and distribution, but I'd just like to be able to fill this one need right now. Which of your products provides this feature? I'd like to try a demo. WinSpool PDF? Thanks, Doug

Comment

Since spooling is evidently important to you, I'd recommend getting a pro membership and using Scott Klement's solution. If spooling isn't a requirement, you may be able to just ftp the file to the printer. This has been discussed on another forum
            http://www.mcpressonline.com/forums#...J-3010-printer

Comment

Working...
            X