Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iSeries Access for Web--A Must for Any iSeries Shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access for Web--A Must for Any iSeries Shop!

I have web access (v5r3) installed. But it takes so long to come up that I would have a user rebellion on my hands if I tried to subtitute it for Iseries access for windows. Some competitive products (browser to AS400) don't have that problem.

I, too, have IAW v4r3 installed. And I agree that it is very sloooooow on our 820. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. wrote in message news:6ae9e9cc.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > I have web access (v5r3) installed. But it takes so long to come up that I would have a user rebellion on my hands if I tried to subtitute it for Iseries access for windows. Some competitive products (browser to AS400) don't have that problem.

Comment

I'm curious about actual user experiences with iSeries Access for Web. By now can anyone else report any such experiences? If so, please tell all right here in the forum for the benefit of all. Thanks.

Comment

Frank, We spent a LOT of time getting iSeries Access for Web up and running. And I gotta tell you, it was a big disappointment. We used it over the Apache server (no Websfear here) and it tends to run slow, very slow. Our primary focus was to use it for traditional 5250 green screen access without the need for deploying Client Access. In the end we shunned IAW and went with Mochasoft's ASP for the web which has a very small footprint and is lightning fast. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Frank Whittemore" wrote in message news:6ae9e9cc.2@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > I'm curious about actual user experiences with iSeries Access for Web. By now can anyone else report any such experiences? > > If so, please tell all right here in the forum for the benefit of all. > > Thanks.

Comment

Comment

One thing to keep in mind, if you are going to use iseries access for the web, is that the screens to do not support the graphic capabilities of the CHOICE DDS keywords. Furthermore, this is not documented anywhere. If an application uses PULLDOWN, MENUBAR, SNGCHCFLD, SFLSNGCHC, MLTCHCFLD, SFLMLTCHC, etc. the screens appear as number selections. To me this was not acceptable. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X