Write-Deploy-Consume XML/SOAP Web Services over HTTP in RPGLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write-Deploy-Consume XML/SOAP Web Services over HTTP in RPGLE

Can someone please provide me some information on how can I can create a simple XML/SOAP web services using RPGLE and consume it from another RPGLE program on System i. I am not interesting on using any Application Server like WAS or something else. I am interested using Apache HTTP server on System i (V5R4/V6R1) how can I deploy and consume the web services.

While google-ing, there are lot’s of document available on RPGLE and Web Service, XML & SOAP but what I found most of them are explanation of what they are and how to consume them, rather than any step by step guide how to create your own RPGLE XML/SOAP Web Service, Deploy the web service in a HTTP Server on System i and Consume that web service from another RPGLE program.

Any sort of guidance on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    Dibs

AFAIK, you can't do that without some sort of application server. An HTTP server just doesn't have the necessary facilities to be SOAP compliant. HTTP GET and POST just aren't powerful enough.

However, since (I think) V5R4, the OS has included a lightweight web services server that doesn't cost extra and doesn't hog too many resources. Plus, it's crazy simple to deploy an ILE program as a web service using a deployment wizard found in Rational Developer tools.

Here's a link with more info: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/twebsrv.html

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X