Accessing AS/400 through internet - 5250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing AS/400 through internet - 5250

Well, there's the IBM Personal Communications package. And there's the open-source tn5250. If you Google on "telnet 5250", you'll find other alternatives. Cheers! Hans

We use a product call PowerTerm Java which is basically a browser based/ Java application that acts as a "Telnet Gateway" and allows us to keep our 400 behind the firewall.

Comment

Our house uses the BOS Jadvantage product. Seems fairly secure and is accessed through a browser.

Comment

For anyone looking for a quick and FREE connection to their iSeries from home, a company called Symtrax offers a 5250 telnet emulator for download and it doesn't cost a thing. It's a tiny download and needs no configuration other than the address it needs to connect to.

Comment

iSeries Access for Windows

Comment

We use HOD (host on demand)with a redirect.

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to find out what options/ways I might be able to access our company's AS400 remotely through the internet. Currenty we are running a 820 with v5r2, have a full frame connection to the internet with firewall. I have been reading about iseries access for web but it seems to me it has to have Websphere enabled and running, is this so? What other options do I have. Thanks!

Comment

I have used a tn5250 product from Mochasoft for years. It is stable and relatively inexpensive for a license.

Comment

Working...
                X