Dialup to a Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialup to a Bank

There are many answers to this question. The optimum answer would require knowing the bank's communication specifications. Dave

Dialup to a Bank

Thanks Dave, The bank is using ascii dial-in only. They make reference to "xmodem" but they are capable of many more. The docs they have sent are unintelligible. I know this is not a lot of info, but that's what we all deal with. Any help would be appreciated. Dave

Comment

Dialup to a Bank

You can attach a regular (ASCII) modem to an AS/400 COM port, and use the CRTLINASC to configure the line. "Xmodem" is a method of file transfer. It is not related to TCP/IP, so you won't have to configure TCP/IP for the line. You will not be able to use FTP in such a setting. Dave

Comment

Dialup to a Bank

David - Our bank recently started requiring us to dial them up to send and retrieve data using xmodem. Usually, they will require many steps to connect an enter their system. The bank normally provides you with a series of interactive logon and password steps that is best done with a PC using either Procomm Plus or PC Anywhere. We use ProComm Plus because it has a good scripting language that comes with it so the entire process can be automated. We execute a script to access the 400 and pull down data to be sent to the bank and also one to retrieve and place data on the 400. It isn't very complicated to do with either of the two products mentioned. The bank should have techs that can tell you how to do it using a PC. I do not believe you will find one that can help you with the 400. It can be done on the 400, we do it with Credit card validations but it is a real pain to stay in sync when the bank requires so much validation.

Comment

Dialup to a Bank

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, the ProComm package includes the xmodem file transfer protocol. I suggest first downloading the AS/400 as an ASCII text file, and then using ProComm to transfer the data. If Procomm scripting is used to do this in one step on the PC, then you should be able to include the AS/400 STRPCCMD command as part of your CLP to do the whole kit and kaboodle in one step from the AS/400. Dave

Comment

Dialup to a Bank

Forgive the novice question, but can anyone point me to one source where I can find out how to set up the 400 to dial out to a bank, and retrieve a BAI2 formatted file?

Comment

Dialup to a Bank

I have done this with Citibank and with Chase using a BSC line. If you like send me your fax number and I can fax you the Line, Controller and device descritpions I used. bryanm@maximumcomputer.com

Comment

Working...
              X