RUNRMTCMD with Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNRMTCMD with Windows XP

In the iSeries Access for Windows Properties, select the Incoming Remote Command tab and check Allow Generic Security.

Mark, Still no luck, these are my settings:' 1) In the iSeries Access for Windows Properties, Incoming Remote Command tab is checked Allow Generic Security & Generic Security Runs Command as logged on user (these are our options for Windows/2000 and all worked.) 2)Within Operations Navigator, the connection of the iSeries has been set to "Use Windows user name and password, no prompting" I am assuming you are using XP with runrmtcmd and all is working. The iSeries is V5R2. Thanks for your input with this problem. Diane

Comment

Try unchecking Generic Security Runs Command as logged on user. I had problems with that checked too.

Comment

Mark, Still no luck, these are my settings:' 1) In the iSeries Access for Windows Properties, Incoming Remote Command tab is checked Allow Generic Security & Generic Security Runs Command as logged on user (these are our options for Windows/2000 and all worked.) 2)Within Operations Navigator, the connection of the iSeries has been set to "Use Windows user name and password, no prompting" I am assuming you are using XP with runrmtcmd and all is working. The iSeries is V5R2. Thanks for your input with this problem. Diane

Comment

Mark, Even with that change, I continue to get password error. Within XP/Control Panel/Services/ I have turned on the service for iSeries Access for Incoming Remote Command. Within that service there is a tab LOGON, with Windows 2000 our option was to allow service to interact with desktop. Can you tell me if your setting is this? Thanks, Diane--(sorry about these double posts, hitting the wrong key in error)

Comment

It looks like I'm set up the same way you are, except my signon property is Use Default User ID, prompt as needed. Are you leaving both RMTUSER and RMTPWD set to *NONE?

Comment

Mark, I changed my signon property to USE DEFAULT USER ID,--still not working-- and yes, both RMTUSER and RMTPWD is set to *NONE. Our Windows/2000 & Windows NT machines run the rmtcmd with no problem. For testing, on the XP machine I have submitted the runrmtcmd interactively and included my USERID and PASSWORD--it all worked. It is when the job is submitted with RMTUSER and RMTPWD set to *NONE that I get the error "access is denied." Thanks for your input! Diane

Comment

Have you rebooted since you made the changes? I'm just grasping at straws now.

Comment

The runrmtcmd on Windows 2000 works with the parameter USE WINLOGON, which allows us to bypass hardcoding passwords. Our network is now testing with WINDOWS XP machines and cannot seem to get past the password problem without hardcoding this in our CL program. Within XP, we have selected to use iSeries Access for Windows Remote Command. I would be interested in knowing if anyone is having luck with WINDOWS XP and getting the password to work without any hardcoding. Thoughts anyone? Diane

Comment

Mark, I have rebooted, still problems. A possible solution that seems to be working--> On the iSeries, created a generic profile with limited authority. On the pc side, created an account with this profile. Changed the "runrmtcmd" so it now uses this profile and password for RMTUSER & RMTPWD. With these changes, it still works on Windows 2000, XP, & NT--and everyone is happy!!! Thanks again for helping me with this! Diane

Comment

Working...
                    X