Auto-deletion of AS/400 Spooled Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-deletion of AS/400 Spooled Files

On a command line type GO CLEANUP and press ENTER. From there, select the option to change cleanup options, schedule a time for use, and type a "Y" to allow the cleanup options to occur. The clean up will then take place as scheduled. Dave

The CLEANUP options do NOT include spool files. There are several examples of code out there that will delete spool files older than some date. You can take that code and create your own utility to delete from just those outq's that you want cleaned up. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

The following is from the cleanup display:
       Number of days to keep: User messages . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 1-366, *KEEP System and workstation messages . . . . . . . . 3 1-366, *KEEP Job logs and other system output . . . . . . . 1 1-366, *KEEP System journals and system logs . . . . . . . . 20 1-366, *KEEP
      As job logs are spool files, and tend to be one of the more cumulative nuisances, I thought that this would be helpful. Dave

Comment

Yes, it will delete job logs which are spool files but that is the only spool files that are cleaned up. I just want Alvin to know that this wasn't a complete answer to his problem as he stated it. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

Thanks, Scott! I am currently on the look-out for some codes that I can use. Thanks, also for the tip Dave!

Comment

Hello! Is there a function in the AS/400 where in you can set the auto-deletion of spooled files? We are currently running on a V4R4 machine. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Comment

I wrote an application to do this a while ago if anyone's interested. (Along with other's such as "Where Used", "File analysis" to help identify junk on the system ...) You can do a lot by using AS/400 commands and putting the results to an outfile, then running pgms against the outfile to get what you want. Also, look into TAATOOLS

Comment

Working...
              X