Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the current value of my AS/400 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the current value of my AS/400 ???

There is a periodical called "The Processor" listing many VARs who deal in used AS/400s. This will lead you to a variety of web sites where possible valuations may be obtained. Dave

Thanks for the lead, David

Comment

Martin, My company buys and sell AS400 hardware. I would be happy to provide you with a fair market value estimate for your machine if you haven't already received one. Best Regards, Eric Neill Central Asset Solutions Oklahoma City, OK eric@centralasset.com

Comment

You might be surprised at how many there are. I've never conducted any commerce on ebay, but it's another way to check on the marketplace.

Comment

Pam, Thanks. I never thought of eBay ! Martin

Comment

Like a car when you take it off the lot the value of the computer is only what it means to you. Buying into technology is usually not the best approach on a computer's value, it is how the programming staff can leverage it. The value of any computer is the IT staff not the Hardware.

Comment

Yeah ! Like a car, it's always worth more to you than to "them" ! I was looking at it from the perspective of maybe buying our system when our lease expires in a couple of months. Thanks, Martin

Comment

I bought a system 5 years ago (C10. OK stop laughing), did consulting on it so I got my money back, however during that time a hard drive went (900.00 Cdn). Now I'm looking at a cost to get rid of it, a low cost for me because I work for a waste/recycling company. Just wanted to let you know that it's not cheap. If I had to do it again I would just go on one of those monthly rental programs. Thanks Dave

Comment

By "monthly rental programs", do you mean rental from someone OTHER than IBM ?

Comment

I was thinking about those services which allow you to pay a monthly fee to rent a space on their AS400. You would log on from home, via the internet. There was a thread on this here but I can't find it. If I do, I'll post it.

Comment

Our AS/400 is coming up for "renewal" pretty soon & I'd like to know what the current market value of the machine is. Anybody know where i could find this out ? Thanks Martin

Comment

Thanks, David, but that wouldn't really help us out here. We want to keep the current machine that we have on-site. I was just wondering how much was a rational "buy-out" price for the thing if we decided to purchase it from IBM & keep using it as opposed to upgrading & leasing again. Thanks Martin

Comment

Working...
                        X