AS/400 Service Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 Service Tools

There are so many people who have had this problem - including myself. I hope IBM takes the number of calls concerning this complaint into consideration when creating V5R3. Dave

AS/400 Service Tools

If this was never changed, check the installation manually for the user id and passwords. Note the number of characters. If it was changed and no one knows the user id / pwd, need to reset QSECOFR password with chgdstpwd command. Note this needs to be done under the normal QSECOFR profile.

Comment

AS/400 Service Tools

Have a nice weekend

Comment

AS/400 Service Tools

If all your passwords have expired and you can't log into SST or DST, please do the following (we submitted this to The Midrange Guru) ================================================== =============== Locked Out of System Service Tools Hey, Ted: Somehow our QSECOFR password for the System Service Tools (SST) expired, and there were no other user profiles authorized to use the Start System Service Tools (STRSST) command. (QSRV was expired, too). I used CHGDSTPWD to reset the QSECOFR password to the default password. However, when I tried to sign on again with the default password, I got an error message that the service tool password couldn't be changed. The lower-level message revealed that the SST system was configured to prevent a SST user ID with a default and expired password from changing its own password. The remedy was to use Dedicated Service Tools (DST) to change the password. However, DST requires a SST password to allow entry into DST. So I was locked out of changing any SST password and couldn't access DST and SST to fix some PTF problems. Thanks to a lead you gave us, we solved the problem. Here's how. Sign on as QSECOFR. Run the CHGDSTPWD command and set QSECOFR to the default password, QSECOFR. Select manual mode on the control panel. Sign on to the console as QSECOFR. On the control panel, select option 21 and press "enter" (the blue button). The selection turns to "21 00". The Service Tools user ID display then appears on the console. Enter QSECOFR and QSECOFR as the user profile and default password. You will be allowed to change the SST password to whatever you need. Take Option 13 from the menu on the console and change the flag to "1=Yes," to allow expired passwords to be changed. Press F3 or F12 until you've backed out of all the menus. Change the control panel settings back to "01 B N" and press the Enter button. Now you can get into SST. --Rich Thanks for the information, Rich. More information about DST and SST can be found on the iSeries Information Center. --Ted ================================================== ================== Hope this helps. Rich Grega

Comment

AS/400 Service Tools

Does the Password in STRSST have to be in all caps? I had problems with this in the past and I think I had to put the password in all caps. -RGP

Comment

AS/400 Service Tools

Trying to run command STRSST from the AS/400 iseries. It is asking me for User/Password? I just took over the management of our AS/400. Where can I find this information. I looked at System Values and didn't find anything. Hopefully someone here can save me alot of time searching. Thanks Start Service Tools (STRSST) Sign On SYSTEM: S10221FM Type choice, press Enter. Service tools user ID. . . . Service tools password . . .

Comment

AS/400 Service Tools

The password is case sensitive. Rich

Comment

Working...
              X